The battle for Aleppo is over

The Syrian Army has officially liberated Aleppo after ousting the foreign-backed radical islamists from their last bastions in the eastern part of the city.

Earlier on Monday, the Syrian Arab Army made significant advances leaving only three residential blocks in the hands of the ‘moderate terrorist’ gangs.

The islamist gangs had little choice but to “surrender or die,” Lieutenant Gen. Zaid al-Saleh, director of Syria’s security committee, told reporters in the Sheik Saeed district.

The Battle of Aleppo lasted more than four years after fighting broke out on July 19, 2012.

After local TV outlets reported the victory, residents flooded the streets, firing guns in the air in celebration.

“Syrian government television channel Sana showed President Bashar al-Assad congratulating Syrian troops following the proclamations of victory in Aleppo.

Throughout the battle of Aleppo, government forces repeatedly urged civilians to leave the area, organizing humanitarian corridors to arrange the safe passage of those who wanted to escape furious street battles.

However, terrorist groups fighting in Aleppo forcibly prevented civilians from leaving the area whilst using them as human shields. “Civilians are being used as pawns and prevented from leaving,” UN spokesman Rupert Colville said recently.

But Islamic state missed progovernment forces to enjoy victory. On Monday morning some 4,000 Daesh militants launched an offensive on Palmyra, Syria armed with heavy weaponry, armored vehicles, and tanks. They took Palmyra and launched a massive offensive inside the provincial of capital of Deir Ezzor on Monday afternoon.

According to a military source in Deir Ezzor, the Syrian Army has managed to repel the first wave of the offensive; however, the Islamic State is expected to launch another powerful attack.

The war continues in Syria.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *